Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Rarities Day


One of the best things about having a good friend who likes the same type of music as you is that you always have a source for some rarities.
Being a huge Rolling Stones fan brings with it the fun chore of tracking down tracks - B sides, live B sides, rare releases.
Thank goodness for my good friend Steve. He's gathered a lot of rarities for me, both from the Stones and Keith Richards. I spent the better part of the day at work listening to some rare Richards - with Willie Nelson, Nora Jones and a score of others.
It made a tough workday bearable.
My son has done a good job tracking down songs on some of his trips. I feel proud that I'm missing just 3 legal releases form the Stones - at least I hope so because that's what I found gleaning several Web sites.
Music can take you away and bring back memories. Listening to rarities from your favorite group can do more than that. It helps you put the day in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment