Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 22, 2010

I Believe It, Erik


Erik Hogstrom, one of my friends and a pioneer in the blogging world, has a blog entry that talks about Journey, their song "Don't Stop Believin'" and their hair.
I couldn't agree more with his view (which in some ways really scares me!)
I could never really decide if I like that band or not. I have Journey's Greatest Hits on my iPod, which I'll listen to from time to time.
On a side note, why "Stone In Love" isn't on it I can't understand; I know it wasn't a "hit," but it is in my mind. I love that song.
The band's guitar work is fantastic. Neal Schon can just rip it.
However, it's the prevalence of slow songs, I guess. I prefer the rockers, and I believe that shows a band's mettle.
So, I guess Journey falls in that category of "I like some of the songs, but not all of them."
Better give it another listen through.
Oh, and here's a YouTube video of "Stone in Love": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pZFciPrI8

No comments:

Post a Comment