Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 18, 2013

Thinking Stones

I've been listening to the Rolling Stones for years. It's not a secret they are my favorites.
However, at work, I often listen to the music with just one ear bud in (so I can hear phones ring).
This has given me a new appreciation of the guitar work, Keith Richards often talked about how the guitars should blend together so you can't tell who is playing which riff.
When you can hear the older music, separated on the ear buds, you get a better appreciation of that - and of their talent.
Lady Jane, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Sympathy for the Devil, Satisfaction - the list goes on. The power of each instrument just shines this way.
I know, it's not ideal (but I have to work to pay the bills!). But, it does provide insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment